These tips and tricks will help you get your message board sign ready for the public eye.
Break Apart Letter Sets
- Letter sheets are pre-scored.
- Bend letter sheets back and forth along score lines to separate letters.
- Remove letters as needed.
- Scissors or cutting tools are not needed.
Lettering Message Board Face
- Insert bottom edge of letter in tracks keeping letter flat against track.
Avoid inserting the corner of the letters as this may cut the tape holding the track.
- Spell out message and arrange words.
- Flex or bow letter and place top edge under the top track.
Do no slide letters as this may cut the tape holding the tracks to the panel.
- Arrange letters on second side of panel following above directions.
- To remove letters, simply bow the letter to release it from top track.
Large Numbers and Headers
- 8″ numbers and SALE/Special headers are meant to jump one track.
- Use headers to replace any two lines of copy.
- Keep message short and simple. It’s okay to have blank lines.
- Change message and layout on a regular basis.
- Have a lot to say? Try putting a different message on each side of the sign panel.
- Use large and small numbers to read 2-tier pricing.
- Combine words with headers for added impact.
- Clean periodically with soap and water. Do not use an abrasive cleaner.